Saturday, July 23, 2011

With a wave of the wand...

The most precious thing in my world is this sweet little 3 year old granddaughter of mine. She is going through a phase where she doesn't like to be called by her name...she is either princess, mermaid or baby - depending upon her mood and environment. Her toy box is filling with magic wands, crowns, princess dresses - capes and shoes to match which we indulge alongside the soccer ball and the baseball bat. We got a surprise visit from her yesterday and she spent the night with us but it was killing me not being able to squeeze her and put her on my lap to read to.

The conversation sort of went like this....
Princess: Gumma, you have an Owee on your boobies?
Gumma (that would be me): Yes, I have bandans (her word for bandaids) on them. They hurt so I can't pick you up.
Princess: Did the doctor give you medicine?
Gumma: Yes he did and I am going to be OK
Princess: I'll wave my magic wand and make it all better...and she did.

Silver Lining: Believing in magic again!

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love the magic wand! If it were just all that easy. Maybe it is, perhaps she on to something! God Bless her!

    ReplyDelete