Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Anticipation....

A big shout out to Komen Greater Fort Worth...this was their snow-girl prior to an April race. When I tell you that the weather in Texas is crazy...it is. We can have an 80 degree spring day followed by an ice or snow storm, followed by an 80 degree day. Right now we are at something like 26 days over 100 degrees so far this summer... 20 of them consecutive days. This picture makes me feel a little cold but with a big warm smile because my Komen family is cool like that.

I am not doing well just hanging out at home. I mean there's only so much work I can do; bad TV to watch and books to read. I'd really like to be out walking, doing Pilates and enjoying my gym workouts. I MISS THEM. Those of you who have the option to exercise or not, don't take it for granted. Limited mobility is not fun. OK pity party over.

Everything appears to be healing nicely and I am getting around somewhat. I can drive but if I push it too much, I feel exhausted the next day, so I'm begrudgingly slowing down. Dr. Grant explained that I would start feeling really good, then start feeling like I was being compressed from the inside, and then feel better again. I'm in the compressed mode. So much pulling, tugging, soreness. OUCH. I wasn't going to refill on the good drugs but I think I need to. Yesterday was a two pain pill day.

Tomorrow is our appointments with the plastic surgeon for more saline fill in the expanders. Then we'll see Dr. Grant and get the dreaded or anticipated pathology report. Pete has the day off so lucky him, he will get to hang out at Baylor spa too! Based on the attributes of the cancer cells and breast tissue they removed, we will know if further treatment is necessary. If it is, I get handed off to oncologist. You've got one day to help me with no node chanting and praying and then we'll know. NO NODES NO NODES NO NODES.

Pool construction starts Monday.

Silver Linings:
Pain medicine that works. I'm not a drug person but it's nice to know it's there.
Good health insurance, I've maxed out deductible...on auto cruise right now.
The Big C on Showtime...please check out this show Monday nights. I think it's the best thing on TV right now and believe me, I'm watching A LOT OF BAD TV and too much HGTV.

No comments:

Post a Comment