Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fill 'er up...

Today was my last fill at the plastic surgeon. My left shoulder isn't moving the way it should, so I have to have some Physical Therapy to get it moving properly. I'm off all of my narcotic pain medication and just feel really tight across the chest area. Still not cleared for exercise or swimming but healing right along. I don't have to see him for another six months unless something is wrong. Feeling stronger every day.

Our granddaughter Lili is visiting us for awhile, and keeping up with her is keeping me on my toes. She totally understands that Grandma has an Owee and can't carry her. I was reluctant to show her my wounds. However her curiosity combined with an unwillingness to be apart from me for very long solved that. A little scrunched face when she saw the wounds, but then she was over it. Me too.

My Komen Dallas Race for the Cure team, Support the War in My Rack, is having an art for the cure event in early October. I must admit to being an artist wannabe. So what to do with all these amazing get well cards and wishes? I got this great idea that I could develop a collage piece with bits and pieces from the cards, so I started to go through the stacks (THANK YOU EVERYONE! I'm a card junkie!!) to start formulating my idea (all ideas welcome - I usually am good on ideas but poor on execution). Anyway, I ran across this card my angel sister Lauri sent me before she passed away. It stopped me in my tracks and I'm sure was a sign she was saying hello. It made me cry as I read her words:

"Ter..I hope you know how much I appreciate all the love and support and OK...love the play money too - what would we all do w/out each other? I know I was having some rough times after "retiring" - you were always there to bitch w/me and let me cry - now with the big "C" thing you have been a rock for me - I love you and wish you were closer. I love you. Lauri

So for today, count the silver linings in your life that are the people close to you. Make their life a little easier. Let them bitch and cry, then help pull them up. Be their rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment