Monday, August 29, 2011

Pimping my C (again!)

If you live in Dallas, you recognize this amazing lady at a glance...no, not me. I'm just almost famous but anchor Clarice Tinsley (or CT as the Fox folks call her)  is a Dallas institution.  She is a fierce Komen supporter and has worked tirelessly with us to get the messages out about Breast Cancer (and she is a genuinely nice, warm, human being - you just love her when you meet her).  Fox 4 is a long-time Komen Dallas partner, broadcasting our race live each year.  Working with her, and the Fox 4 staff, is always pure joy.  We spent a couple of hours together today talking about my C stories and my volunteer passion: Komen Dallas.  For this, I get to be a hometown hero.  I can't say that I feel like a hero...just an ordinary person trying to make her cancer count.  I know that I share to a fault, but I often feel if I can help just one person our there all that TMI will have come to some good use.

Today's opportunities included the age old female dilemma: finding something to wear.  Most of my clothing was purchased with the larger breasted woman in mind, so finding something that fit up top was a challenge.  After trying about 6 different tops on, I found a pink one to work - ironically one I bought after C1 and held on to!! CRISIS AVERTED.  Thank God I was having a good hair day and again was reminded that a bad hair day beats a no hair day any day.

I am really starting to feel like myself again. I have slept in my own bed for about a week!  I have more range of motion - physical therapists are amazing people.  I will see my doctor next week and hopefully he will tell me that my wounds are healed enough to start working out.  Then my endorphins will come back to me....I have missed you. This grouchy girl needs a smile on her face.

The hometown hero story will be broadcast next week and I will find the clip and share (of course!).

After C1, my aunt made me an amazing quilt out of my old 'do rags and race t-shirts along with some pictures about my journey to OZ.  Clarice loved the story that this quilt told (and I cried and was touched when my aunt gave it to me) and it will be prominently displayed in our TV piece, as well as the promo for the piece.  I'm going to save that visual to share when the story comes out.

We shot the story at the Komen Dallas office and was reminded how awesome it is to be surrounded by such talented pink warriors.  Thanks for the BLING C-Pain....over and out....I AM T.SWAIN




No comments:

Post a Comment