Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Support the War in My Rack!


This is a little video I put together for our Komen Dallas Race for the Cure team.  The picture you see before you hit the arrow is me with my friend Glenna, when she was finishing up treatment.  We stood on the stage of the Komen Dallas race and looked out into the sea of survivors.  It was an emotional moment.  I shared Dr. Grant with Glenna.  (I wonder how many boobies he feels in a year anyway?).  This year she mentored me and shared her plastic surgeon with me. (She used the other guy in the same office).  Glenna is now my partner in crime in our war on cancer.  This is a war we can ALL BELIEVE IN!!  Come join our team on October 15 at North Park Center.  We are going to have a good time.

Silver linings: Learning that indeed, the whole world is connected!  Having a friend who has "been there done that" to share with is precious.  To all my survivor sisters out there who have shared their experiences and cancer boyfriend doctors with me - THANK YOU.

PS. Having my best post M week!

No comments:

Post a Comment